Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Simply Healthy- Homemade Fabric Softener

                                                                  Simply Healthy
Homemade Fabric Softener
Things you'll need:
large container
baking soda
distilled white vinegar
water
essential oil

-I use a large pot to mix the ingredients together.

-Add 1 cup of baking soda to the pot and then 1 cup of water to the baking soda.

-Add 6 cups of distilled white vinegar to the mix. The mixture will start to fizz, which will help to dissolve the baking soda.

-Add 6 more cups of water to the mix and the fizzing should stop.

-Stir to dissolve.

-Don't worry you won't smell like a pickle. Add about 15 drops of pure essential oil. Remember you can always add more if you want a stronger scent.

-I use my leftover fabric softener bottles to store my homemade softener.

When it's time to do the laundry, add 1 cup of your homemade fabric softener to your final rinse. I use this fabric softener ball when I do my laundry.  Just add the same amount to it.

I find that my clothes turn out just as nice with this recipe. It's a simply healthy alternative to store bought brands.
 -------------------------
Simply Healthy- Veggie Wash

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails