Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Homemade Dog Biscuits- Simply Healthy

Here's a little known secret about me....after I was a reporter, but before I was a Mom, I started an all-natural dog biscuit bakery. I made doggie birthday cakes and biscuits for all occasionslike the cakes shown above. Our most popular treats were "peanut butter barkers." Here is a "Simply Healthy" dog biscuit recipe that I know your four-legged friends will enjoy.

 Homemade Peanut Butter Barkers
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup wheat germ or ground flax seed
1/4 cup brewer's yeast
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons canola oil
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup chicken or beef stock
-Combine together (add more flour if too sticky), roll out onto floured surface, cut into shapes with cookie cutter.
-Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, turn off oven, leaving biscuits inside to harden and dry for 2 hours.


Taste-tested by these two cuties! These adorable pound puppies love to sleep on Olive's bed. I must say these two dogs are pretty smart as they join us everyday in our homeschool classroom!


Meet the rest of our family: A blue Betta named Alligator. I say to Jem every morning, "go feed your alligator."
 We also have a cool White's Tree Frog named Frosty, and two Green Frogs named Baby, and Micro. Frogs are actually a lot of fun to have and easy to take care of. Let me know if you want more info on frogs as pets.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had no idea you were a reporter- but now I can totally picture it!!!

Love the dog treats!!

- April

Anonymous said...

oo very fun to learn more about you! We hardly ever give our dog treats but everynow and then I whip up a batch very similar to that! Love all of your pets! What do you have to fed frogs and do you have to touch them?

Sippy Cup Central said...

We actually love the hold the frog, not sticky, he's neat with suction cup legs. They eat crickets. Thanks, karen

Gidget Girl Reading said...

that is so cool I know the guys who started 3 dog bakery :)

LOVE your cakes !:) bet the pups did too

we have 7 frogs and they are so sweet and gentle, so are our turtles

Nicola said...

Oh. this is awesome!
Thanks for the comment on my blog. Your space here is so warm!
Nicola

Related Posts with Thumbnails