Monday, August 9, 2010

Flat Stanley Project- join us!

I am sending out our "Flat Stanley's" today and can't wait to show the girls all the places they will visit. A mother, from a forum I follow (The Well-Trained Mind,) organized this one. We are so excited to participate!

But it got me thinking...how would you like to participate in Sippy Cup Central's Flat Stanley Project, with a twist? 

We would start in October and instead of visiting a location, your Flat Stanley will help with an activity. For instance, your Flat Stanley could help make playdough, play a fun game, or discover a bug. The recipes, directions, or interesting facts would be included with the E-mailed photo of your child.  My hope is that by the end of this adventure your child will have a keepsake of fun things to do. Please contact me at sippycupcentral@gmail.com if you are interested in this project.

6 comments:

Rachel Whitehead said...

Hey Karen,
I don't know much about it, but it sounds like fun. Count us in!
Thanks for sharing all of your crafts and homeschooling/family adventures with us!

Sippy Cup Central said...

Great...read the book Flat Stanley and then you'll get it. It's about a boy who was squashed down to about 4inches and traveled around the US in an envelope, learning things. I'll keep you posted!

Rachel Whitehead said...

I went on Amazon and there are a whole bunch of Flat Stanley books. Which one(s) do you suggest? Thanks!

Sippy Cup Central said...

We purchase Flat Stanley: His Original Adventure. I hope this helps. There is an entire series based on the idea.

Robbins Zoo said...

I think this is AWESOME! We would love to be apart of this.

Jennifer Akins said...

If it's not too late, we would love to join in! Keep us posted!

Related Posts with Thumbnails