Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Dictate, Draw, and Drama

The idea behind the 3 D's (dictate, draw, and drama) is that I want Olive to present a story, illustrate it, and then act it out. She started by telling me a story about a mermaid who lived with her friends underneath the sea and they had magical seaweed. I wrote the story down in her own words and then she drew a picture on a separate piece of paper.
 Jem and I enjoyed being the audience while she acted out her tale with puppets. This was her favorite part!

Before school started I labeled many things in the house with these cards. I read that it's helpful for children to identify the object with the word. I found these nice labels over at 1+1+1.

2 comments:

Monica Wilkinson said...

Hi! Fun to see you again this morning - I will have fun perusing your blog when I have a few extra minutes!

Lynn said...

I love the three D's idea! New to your blog - just subscribed. Seems like a lot of great ideas for starting to homeschool my son. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails