Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Pumpkins + Parts and Easy Costume Ideas

We had such a fun time decorating our miniature pumpkins with Mrs. Potato Head parts.  I started the holes on Jem's pumpkin so she could easily push her favorite parts in.  It was a lovely day to just sit on a picnic blanket and bring life back into an old toy!

Here are some fun costumes that the girls "decided to wear" over the years.
 Little Indians: I purchased the head piece and made the dress with brown felted cotton and sewed on the fringe. It was super easy to make and slipped over their heads. This was my favorite 20 minute costume to sew.
 Tinker Bells: They wore their pink leotards from dance class and green capri leggings. I purchased the wings at the $1 store and the green fairy skirt.
 Japanese Girls:  Olive loves Mulan and wore her Disney costume and Jem wore these cute Japanese pajamas. I pulled their hair back into a bun and stuck chop-sticks through it.
Angelina Ballerina: Last year Jem had a change of heart the day of Halloween and wanted to be Angelina Ballerina. She wore a pink ballet leotard with a tutu, white leg warmers, ballet slippers, and I taped paper mouse ears onto a headband.

4 comments:

Mrs. Whary said...

Ohhhhh, the potato head pumpkins are so cute! What a great idea! I love their costumes too. Not sure If I'm going to get Channing in a dress up this year as he's decided he "scared of halloween" - we'll see.

Anonymous said...

ooo my goodness those potato head pumpkins are adorable!!

Carolyn said...

Great idea for decorating small pumpkins! Loved seeing their costumes over the years and noticed they wore things you made of that they already had instead of spending $20 bucks each on new costumes.

Allison said...

So cute!! You are reminding me that costume time is coming, and I'm not ready! But I love all the ideas involving a pink leotard, we have one of those!

Related Posts with Thumbnails