Monday, June 21, 2010

The Butterflies Are Here!

The Monarch butterflies have emerged from their chrysalis and they are using their proboscis to drink the sugar water we left for them. The girls like to reach into the butterfly house and feel the butterfly wings flutter on their hand.
Every year we go through the same thing.....Olive gets so sad when it's time to release them into Grammy's garden. "It's almost time for their wings to fly," I tell her. "I know," she replies.
The life cycle of a Monarch butterfly is an amazing thing to see.

2 comments:

Counting Coconuts said...

Such a beautiful and educational thing to witness from start to finish. I wish we could get something like that down here!

Debbie said...

I am definately going to do this with Selena next spring! I know she would just love it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails