This is a great site for learning about ladybugs, here.
- Because Ladybugs eat lots of aphids and other pest insects, many gardeners and farmers use them for pest control instead of chemicals.
- A Ladybug can lay up to 1000 eggs in its lifetime.
- Not all Ladybugs have spots.
- Ladybugs will clean themselves after a meal.
- Ladybugs come in many colors like pink, yellow, white, orange and black.
- Over 300 types of Ladybugs live in North America.
- Ladybugs make a chemical that smells and tastes bad so predators won’t eat them.
- Ladybugs hibernate in large groups in cold weather.
- Many countries consider a ladybug to be a sign of good luck.
- Ladybugs are actually beetles, so sometimes are called LadyBeetles.
- The bright colors of Ladybugs warn birds that they don’t taste good.
- The spots on a Ladybug fade as they get older.