Tuesday, March 9, 2010

"My First Needlepoint" with a bit of recycling!

Those red plastic bags that many apples and oranges come in at the grocery store are perfect for this "My First Needlepoint" project.  All you need to do is cut the bag in half, use a needlepoint hoop, a length of yarn, and tape to make a needle head.
The girls really enjoyed making their own pattern, but next time I plan to drawn a simply shape, like a heart, so they can see a final shape.
 
 
Plus, Olive thinks it's cool that we recycled all those fruit bags for a fun craft.

Let's Explore has another great needlepoint idea for kids.

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

What a clever activity and you know I'm thrilled that it involves recycling. LOL! Mom 2

Carolyn said...

P.S. At the craft store you can find really big needles for the yarn, when they are ready to advance to a real needle. I look forward to sharing this craft with them. Love, Mom 2

Shelby said...

What a FANTASTIC idea! Sewing is becoming a lost art and I get so happy seeing other young moms teaching it!!

Awesome!

Related Posts with Thumbnails