Thursday, September 23, 2010

Katy No-Pocket- Before Five In A Row


Katy No-Pocket is an adorable story about a mama kangaroo who is in need of a pocket to carry her baby. This book is illustrated by H.A. Rey, who is famous for Curious George, and written by Emmy Payne.
We worked on letter K and added picture of like kite, kangaroo, and kettle to the K pocket.
A cute little finger play.
We matched animals with their homes.
We learned about animal families. A female Kangaroo is a boomer, a male- flyer, and a baby- joey.
What lives in a tree? We also used aprons to carry our baby animals around the house.
You can find cute lapbook ideas for Katy No-Pocket at homeschool share and Christian homeschool hub.
Linked Up:

8 comments:

Monica Wilkinson said...

We love Katy No Pocket! And, BFIAR! I found a copy of Katy at a thrift store for a dime one time while visiting my parents in Colorado!!

And, that same visit, I made little aprons for my girls out of scraps with tons of pockets just like Katy's. So, so fun!

RedTedArt said...

Oh my! You really were busy!!! You did so many different activities!

Wow. The book sounds lovely!

Maggy
Kids Get Crafty
http://www.redtedart.com

Michelle Gibson said...

We are looking forward to this book ~ so it was fun to see your post! Cute finger plays and lapbook activities ~ looks like you had fun with this. =)

Rebecca said...

Ive never heard of this book! These are great k activities.

April said...

Fun activities all around. I like the picture of the train on top. I can't seem to get a picture to fit on my blog anymore, I don't know whats up with that! Coming through from stART.

Unknown said...

I haven't seen this book in years. I loved it when I was little. Great activities.

Anonymous said...

oo this book sounds cute!! Before I read your comment about H.A Rey drawing the pictures I thought.. wow that looks just like the Curious George drawings!

Gidget Girl Reading said...

I LOVE this book so does Sprite! we have to make our first lapbook of this :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails